Re: [AD] New WIP

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 04:07:58PM +0100, George Foot wrote:
> > I've built WIP3933 on Linux, so this problem did not affectdependency
> > generation.  Also I removed -imacros option from gcc specs long before
> > building DLLs.  I'll put this option back and will try to fix all
> > problems with builds for different platforms.
>
> I thought that the various platforms didn't try to make the
> dependencies themselves, when they build, because we can't rely
> on them having sed.  I don't see how this problem could cause
> missing makefile.dep files, and (worse) the object directories
> that contain them.  If I see the person who had trouble with the
> djgpp build, I'll try to find out what happened.

OK, it turns out he used the .tar.gz archive, which as packaged
isn't suitable for platforms other than Unix -- it didn't have
the makefile.dep for any other platforms at all.  This won't be
a problem in future though, since we'll be running mkunixdists
after zipup.  That ensures that the .tar.gz is the same as the
.zip, but with the different text file format.  I've asked the
guinea pig to test the .zip on his system now, not the .tar.gz,
but I'm confident that this will work fine.

George

--
Random project update:
09/05/2000: Libnet 0.10.8 uploaded -- a few bugfixes