RE: [AD] GUI double clicks and presses

> > IMHO the system should pass through all mouse presses with
> > MSG_*PRESS messages, even if they're part of a double-click.  To
> > me the press and release messages feel lower-level than the
> > click/dclick messages.

Gasp, I've missed this one, I've been unsubscribed for a few days
about one week ago, sorry
I'll make the change, I didn't notice that they weren't passed. It
is strange they aren't detected though. It's a bug, I meant them
to be detected as well :)

> That sounds about right.  If you are using MSG_CLICK and MSG_DCLICK
> then you probably shouldn't be messing with MSG_*PRESS in the first
> place.  As you say, they're at a lower level.

Well, I was wondering if the MSG_DCLICK should exist at all :)
It's not an event, but the interpretation of an event, and widgets
should interpret them as needed. It's not hard at all. But it's
here so.... :) (and the location gap of 8 pixels should be settable
as well, but this is getting picky)

> > If anyone wants to look, here are some details of Vincent's
> > message:
> >
> >     Subject: [AD]  Two small modifications I am willing to share
> >     Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 09:06:32 +0100

Oh, is it so old ??? Gee, frightening .... I'd have sworn this was
three months ago ....

> D'oh, my mail archives start from June 1999.  Is this list archived
> at all?
Nope.
Oops, almost forgot to reset reply address to the list...

--
Lyrian