Re: [AD] New WIP

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 02:11:52PM +0700, Michael Bukin wrote:
> I was not able to build ming version, it breaks on building mmxtest.
> I'll have to investigate this problem.

For the record, in my case the Mingw32 build went perfectly
well, provided I unzipped with WinZip.  PKUNZIP makes problems
with filename case, which causes problems when the makefile uses
a wildcard (Mingw32 Make seems to be case-sensitive).  This
needs fixing really, but I don't think it's a show-stopper -- it
can wait until the next WIP.  At this stage I think it's best to
upload the files Michael made.

>                                         I've seen other const related
> warnings with MSVC 4.1 (about arguments of qsort).

I too received the const-related warnings.  There were also
warnings about incompatible pointer types (possibly not
const-related) in various Windows files, like wddaccel.c I
think.

> I don't know how to put files to Allegro project space anyway.
> I've read instructions about uploading releases to
> download.sourceforge.net, but other steps need some help from project
> admin, AFAICS.
>
> So, I can easily upload to download.sourceforge.net (but I have not
> tried to login there).

The uploaded files go into the `incoming' directory.  It's
anonymous FTP login.  I made modules for:

    source code:       all3933.zip
                       allegro-3.9.33.tar.gz
                       allegro-3.9.33-1.i386.rpm
    windows binaries:  all3933_bin.zip
    end-user source:   allegro-3.9.33-enduser.tar.gz
                       allegro-enduser-3.9.33-1.i386.rpm

If you upload those, I can add the new releases, or I can make
you an admin so that you can do it yourself.

George

--
Random project update:
09/05/2000: Libnet 0.10.8 uploaded -- a few bugfixes