[AD] New WIP

Michael Bukin <M.A.Bukin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> New WIP was partially released.  I have tagged CVS version with
> 'release-3-9-33' tag and made usual zip, tar.gz and RPM archives.

A very good initiative but I get a lot of warnings about AL_CONST. It does not
only seems to be incomplete but also incorrect.
For completeness should this be necessary
void gfx_directx_release_lock(AL_CONST BITMAP *bmp)
but that would be incorrect.
A similar error is the strcpy call in _get_midi_driver_list but that
is less important.

I don't use const much myself but thinks it is two reasons for using it:
	1. stricter type checking
	2. better code generating
The first is not a big problem but the second means that the code is
seriously broken.

Everything seems to work. (luck?)

> I have not tried to place archives to sourceforge, only uploaded them
> to my home page:
If you have a slow connection to sourceforge is it perhaps better if someone
get the zips from your page and upload to sourceforge.

> http://www.inp.nsk.su/~bukinm/allegro/3933/
>
> Files in dll3933.zip and test3933.zip should be compiled with newer
> MSVC.
>
> I'll give more information tomorrow.

Does anybody know how the AL_CONST problem will affect the code?

Peter