Re: [AD] Patch for fixed bugs with Soundscape DOS driver

Angelo Mottola wrote:
[snip]
> I found a really strange bug: the WIP uses
> outportb() and inportb() functions for ports I/O, while the old Allegro 3.12 uses inp() and outp(). I've always
> believed they are equivalent, but eventually I was wrong...

My documentation (from RHide) says:

inb
===

Syntax
------

     #include <pc.h>

     unsigned char inb(unsigned short _port);

Description

Calls inportb. Provided only for compatibility.

So inb() = inportb() ?
Then why did the problem 'disappear' ? Am I missing something here ?

--

- Robert J Ohannessian

Programmers are a lot like artists: they're only given credit 50 years
after they die.