[no subject]

  /* malloc wrappers for DLL <-> application shared memory */
  AL_FUNC(void *, _al_malloc, (int size));
  AL_FUNC(void, _al_free, (void *mem));
  AL_FUNC(void *, _al_realloc, (void *mem, int size));

I think these to avoid libc incompatibilities when using Allegro as
a DLL (the user program's `free' function may not be able to free
data allocated by the DLL's `malloc' function, or something stupid
like that).

Since `ustrdup' is a replacement for `strdup', the user is supposed
to call `free' him/herself, so I think you got it right the first
time.  If it were meant to be `_al_malloc', the `ustrdup' #define
wouldn't exist in the first place.

Peter
--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/