Re: [AD] Preparing for Allegro 3.9.33

If it can be of any help, I can test the upcoming WIP under DOS, Linux & BeOS (no Windows, I hate it, so I don't have
it installed). I could access the Allegro CVS system, and download the WIP once all the patches have been applied, but
before the WIP is released to the public - a kind of betatesting.
Just some side notes: among the many patches to apply, is there anything that ensures compatibility with DGA 2.0 under
Xwindows? I remember that when I installed XFree86 4.0, Allegro crashed if programs were run using the DGA X driver;
could it be related to a bug with XF4.0 DGA-mouse? I heard it is buggy... But probably I'm wrong... I don't know the
inners of X Allegro.
And what about 2d hardware acceleration? Is there something new? I can see the test program showing no gfx capabilities
when run under X, while I have a Voodoo Banshee... It would be good to support XAA extensions, so we can have games in
640x480x64K without slowdowns, as with the DirectX port.

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx