Re: [AD] Improving the mouse

> The system I'm using uses a screen buffering system that is (reasonably)
> clever, but it makes the mouse look pretty horrendous.  If I draw the
> mouse to the screen, it flickers out of view as the buffer paints over
> it.
>
> If I draw the mouse to the backbuffer, it's invisible until the buffer
> decides that it's time to draw tiself (generally, when something changes
> its contents)

If you want to have Allegro to draw the mouse sprite directly on
screen, you need scare it first using scare_mouse, I think (I have
never actually used Allegro's mouse routines, though).

If you want to draw it on a buffer with something like dirty
rectangles optimizations, you would probably have to take up the
drawing responsibility yourself - try looking up the mouse section of
the manual for a list of relevant variables/functions. Hmm, maybe it
would be sufficient to connect to the mouse_callback hook.

BTW, you're posting this to the wrong list. This list is _exclusively_
for discussions of developing Allegro. I sent this to the list so that
others would know that someone had replied to you, but if you want to
post an answer, please send it to the main Allegro mailing list
instead where it will be on-topic. Or to me personally, of course.

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.auc.dk/olau/