[AD] Configure script ....

Hi All!

  That's the first time I compile a WIP for Linux. Is a very nice to see it
working but there are a lot of details to solve. Here are some problems I have:

[alllegro version: 3.9.32]

1) configure script seems to think I don't have mmap. I have mmap! so to compile
I was forced to touch the configuration by hand. I don't know much about
autoconf so I can't say what's wrong.
2) configure also seems to think I don't have DGA ... I have DGA, even more, I
have DGA 1.1 (accelerated one), the cache says:

ac_cv_lib_Xxf86dga_XF86DGAQueryExtension=${ac_cv_lib_Xxf86dga_XF86DGAQueryExtension=no}

I think the testing code is something like:

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char XF86DGAQueryExtension();
int main() {
XF86DGAQueryExtension()
; return 0; }

Well, I tried and it compiles with:

gcc t.c -lXxf86dga -L/usr/X11R6/lib/ -lX11 -lXext

Is perhaps a lack of X11 and Xext in the test? just a wild guess.

3) In console I don't have mouse from Allegro. I have gpm 1.17.8 running. If I
left allegro.cfg as-is I can see the mouse pointer, but can't move it. If I
select GPMD I don't even see the mouse pointer.
Is that a configure issue? I can't find the gpm word in the configure...

4) I use enlightenment (a not so new version) with esd. Allegro examples are
linked with -lesd but they doesn't emit sound while esd is running. If I kill
esd I get sound but the quality is random, sometimes OK and sometimes have
noises, like some extra data in the buffer.

The rest works fine and "demo" is one the best games I have for X ;-))))

If anybody wants more information or wants to run tests just tell me.

Greetings, SET

--
Salvador Eduardo Tropea (SET). (Electronics Engineer)
Visit my home page: http://welcome.to/SetSoft or