[AD] Re:

Bernd Wiebelt <bernardo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> There's a bug in Allegro 3.9.31 which affects clearing a screen area in
> 8 bit modes (mmx segmented case) with width not divisible by 32.
> Somebody forgot to cut'n'paste the segment prefix.

Thanks.

I'm still unsure as to why we need two versions of these MMX clear
routines for screen vs. memory bitmaps: I can't measure any difference
from using the segmented version all the time, and that halves the size
of the code. Robert: do you have any solid measurements to prove that
this optimisation is useful? If not I'm going to take it out.

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."