Re: Re: [AD] interpolating rotation routines

> David Kühling wrote:
>
> > I already send a mail similar to this to the list last friday, but
> since
> > I didn't get any reply and there were some problems with my email
> account
> > I suppose it got lost. But if you received it, I appologize. Note
> that I'm
> > not subscribed to the list.
>
> shawn hargreaves which is the main man behind allegro seems to be away
> for the moment. he's the one that merges patches etc. noone else. i'm
> sure he will get back to you ASAP.
>
> > During development I noticed that `makecol' sometimes returns strange
> > colors
> > in 8bit mode. Try the program `maybebug.c', included in the attached
> > archive
> > and you'll see what I mean. That program tries to generate gradients
> from
> > red,
> > green and blue to white. For some reason the blue->white gradient
> contains
> > some very dark colors. This occured with version 3.9.30 and 3.9.31.
>
> makecol8 returns the closest RGB match from the current palette, that's
> why you can get inaccurate results sometimes. to fix it make a palette
> you feel comfortable with.

Have you looked on the gradient produced by 'maybebug.c'? It doesn't not
seem to be just an inaccuracy. The gradient ranges from pure blue (0000FF) to
pure white (FFFFFF). That means the colors get lighter from left to right.
But the gradient produced by 'makecol' contains some very dark blue colors
that seem to have (at least fro the human eye) a greater difference to the
requested color than the pure blue to the left on it which seems to be
illogical.

> > There also seems to be a bug in the `text_printf' routine. When I do
> the
> > following:
> >
> >    textprintf (b, f, x, y, c, "%03i", ammu);
> >
> > the output should be a 3 digit integer, as long as `ammu' is in the
> range
> > 0...999. But for some reason all numbers greater than or equal to
> `950'
> > are displayed by 4 digits `0950' etc., which messes up my display. I
> found
> > that problem when working with version 3.9.31.
>
> that was discussed a few days ago, expect it to be corrected in the
> next
> allegro WIP release.

Sorry to all of you for repeating my last mail... that must be paranoia
;-)

Bye,
                                                          David Kühling

--