Re: [AD] a tiny patch to djgpp's make depend

Sven Sandberg <ssven.geo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Here is a probably the smallest patch ever written, to change djgpp's
> 'make depend' target. gcc 2.95.* generates a dependency with an absolute
> path (d:/djgpp/include/sys/version.h) which has to be seded out.

Whoah, that looks like a compiler bug to me! Rather than just removing this,
I'd like to find out why it's happening at all and try to get it fixed.

The -MM switch (unlike -M) ought never to output dependencies for system
headers. The only explanations I can think of is that either the compiler
specs file (in djgpp/lib) is doing something really strange, or somewhere
along the line somebody has included version.h, or another system header
that then includes it, with the wrong sort of quotes ("" instead of <>). But
I can't find any attempts to include version.h from Allegro headers, and in
the djgpp headers it is only included twice, from go32.h and stdio.h, both
of which use the <> syntax. Does this also hold true for your version? Which
files in particular are being given this dependency?

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."