Re: [AD] usprintf()

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 12:49:52PM +0100, Sven Sandberg wrote:
> This looks like a really cool system, though personally I don't think I
> would use it very much: I tend to not translate my programs at all,
> since I would only be able to do it properly into Swedish and that
> wouldn't affect most users anyway (that is, if anyone would ever use my
> programs:o). But as soon as commercial people start using Allegro, I
> imagine they might find it very useful. And it can't hurt to add it,
> because it is completely backwards compatible. I would say, throw it in
> if you already have the code! Or alternatively, it could perhaps be made
> as an addon?
Actually, if something had to be done with regard to translations, what
do you all think about making something with hash tables, to speed up
fetching translated strings ? Even if strings are not used *that* often
per frame, games with a huge text database would suffer from the current
way it's done (in a config file). Do you think this could be done ?

--
Vincent Penquerc'h
Windows NT - Nuke That !