Re: [AD] windowed mode patch

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Isaac Cruz wrote:
> - new global variable, desktop_color_depth (only in Windows code)

Sorry, not related but I wanted to step in :-)

Not that it's sooooo important, but I would like to have such a variable
available also for X-Window. In other non-desktopped environments like dos
or console linux, the variable could contain 8 as default. This was to
avoid the problems of scanning the text driver description to get the
environment color depth, and in order to set video modes which don't
require color converted blits, so it would be very handy if the variable
could be initialized after allegro_init instead of after set_gfx_mode.

I would also love to see some desktop_screen_w/h variables, but those
could be easily fooled by some special window manager or virtual desktop
setting, so better leave that out.

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz - gradha@xxxxxxxxxx
Gogosoftware - http://welcome.to/gogosoftware/

 "There's more than one way to do it." -- Perl's motto.