Re: [AD] About the X-Window version.

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, I found that the mouse get's 'swallowed' by the Allegro window

I think it is being positioned into the middle of the window, and then
the coordinates are being used as `mickeys'.  If you move your mouse
violently enough, it might be able to break out of the window.

Last night I noticed the entire program runs extremely slowly when the
mouse is being moved (inside the Allegro app), perhaps even the entire
X server.  Is this how it goes on other computers?

> aplication sometimes. This happened trying exstars. Although no mouse code
> is used at all, whenever I put the mouse on the window area, it
> disappears.

On a related note: the X version of Allegro pops up a window on
allegro_init(), rather than during set_gfx_mode().  With manual
placement of windows, this is quite annoying as the first window that
appears is usually not of the size specified in set_gfx_mode().

Other than that, great job!  A lot of more-cautious people should be
able to use Allegro under Linux soon. :)

Peter
--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/
"What's in the box?"  "Pain."