Re: [AD] exists under Unix

Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Why? What's the logic for the Unix version working differently to on all
>> other platforms?
>
> But I would still like ~/.allegrorc to work, so how about this?
>
> Change line 64 of usystem.c to:
>
>        if (file_exists(buf, FA_ARCH | FA_RDONLY | FA_HIDDEN, NULL)) {

Aha, now I understand what your problem was :-) Yes indeed, it certainly
does work much better when done like that! I'm sure I tested that function
before, though: the FA_HIDDEN emulation for .* files must have been added
more recently.

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."