Re: [AD] Scancodes for pause key

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 09:48:14AM +0600, Michael Bukin wrote:
> I want to know which scancodes are sent by hardware.  Pause is a
> strange key which sends completely different sequence of scancodes
> than any other key.  For each key received from X-server, I send
> sequence of scancodes to _handle_pckey, but I don't know what should
> be sent for Pause key.

Strictly, it returns `E1 1D 52' when you press it and `E1 9D D2' when you
release it (a bit like the other extended keys, which are prefixed with
E0, but this one gets two data bytes).  But because it's assumed that the
system is paused when it's pressed, or something like that, they made it
return the release code immediately after the press code, so in effect
when it is pressed you get `E1 1D 52 E1 9D D2'.

In fact the pckeys handler will receive E1 and assume it's Pause, treat it
like a toggle key, and ignore the next five scancodes sent, whatever they
are, IIRC.

George