Re: [AD] SVGALib problems

tmg@xxxxxxxxxx <tmg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, the following programs segfault using the svgalib driver:

Argh!  Just when I thought I had closure with this driver.

  http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/allegro/svgafix.diff.gz

Could you apply the patch above, and test again?  I think I've fixed
most of the problems, but I'm in a hurry.

The patch also steals console switching signals from SVGAlib, so
Allegro gets to do that itself.  Not sure how stable it is, though.
(i.e. needs more testing :)

> ex3buf
> exflip

Will not work with the banked version of the driver (but shouldn't
crash now).

> exshade

Crashing because it was trying to set a mode X mode.  The driver has
been editted to not try mode X.  Use the mode X driver for mode X
modes! :)

> expat
> exswitch

Sub-bitmaps were a problem.  Not anymore.

> demo

demo has worked all along for me...

> Also, whenever I quit a program using the svgalib driver, it leaves
> garbage on the screen. Enter cures it.

I don't have that problem much now.  I don't think I could be bothered
fixing it myself, but I think it *might* just be an SVGAlib problem.
Does it happen with other SVGAlib programs? (not including GGI ones
though, 'cause they cheat :)

Thanks for the bug reports.

Peter
--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/~tjaden/
"The closer I get the worse it becomes..." - Nine Inch Nails