Re: [AD] Linux mouse patch

Kevin Dickerson <sparcbot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If there is a way to implement Intellimouse (or generic wheel mice)
> functions in Linux, there should be a way to implement this in DOS, no?
> Or has someone already implemented this functionality?

Not unless the DOS mouse driver provides this functionality.  Under
Windows it should be very possible (and easy?).

As for `generic wheel mice', most wheel mice use the Intellimouse
protocol.  I for one do not own any MS hardware, but both my Logitech
mouse and Genius NetMouse, which has buttons instead of a wheel, work
using the same protocol.  I guess this should be made clear in
readme.lnx when it is updated.

(P.S. Kevin, sorry about you receiving this twice, I forgot to change
the To: address)

Peter
--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/