Re: [AD] Small GUI extra

John Harger <john_h@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> What I did, which is really absolutely simple, is make the GUI write to a
> gui_bitmap BITMAP rather than screen. gui_bitmap is set to screen by
> set_gfx_mode

This is certainly a good idea, but this change as written will break
existing programs that try to write to other places than the real screen,
such as the setup program.

There was a lot of talk about GUI enhancements on the mailing list a few
months ago, which included a more compatible solution to this problem
(making the GUI screen variable be a define that uses either the screen
bitmap or some other, depending whether any override bitmap has been set),
along with a bunch of other improvements. The last I heard was that Revin
Guillen (revin@xxxxxxxxxx) was going to start implementing these
things, but I don't know how far he's got, or if he is still interested in
it.

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."