[AD] .s + .data = bad

While debugging the MMX polygon drawers with MSVC problem, I discovered why
it is that the djgpp FAQ says djgpp and MSVC versions of the COFF format are
incompatible, even though all the Allegro code seems to work ok. The .text
(code) part of the file is the same, but the two compilers disagree about
how to handle .data sections (global variables).

Solution: thou shalt not write .data in thine .s files, for if thou dost, it
will not work right.

The easy workaround is whenever you need a global table, declare it in one
of the C sources, and then only reference it from the asm files. I've
changed the MMX code to do this (the tables are now in poly3d.c), and it all
works nicely now.

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."