Re: [framework-discuss] Codestyle

October 12, 2019 9:28 PM, "Filipe Laíns" <lains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 2019-10-12 at 17:29 +0100, Luís Ferreira wrote:
>
>> - And some other codestyle sections you feel uncomfortable with.
>
> What does this mean?

Other codestyle stuff like braces position, pointers style `int* ` or `int *`, block separation,

Check this file for more suggestions:
https://github.com/aurorafossorg/framework/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

> In a nutshell:
> - Use tabs for indentation
> - Tabs are 8 spaces long
> - Use tabs to align as much as you can
> - Use spaces for fine alignments (like my 2nd example)

I agree with this approach actually, because if it's used on the kernel, should be consider as a
"standard". I was trying to implement something like that, instead of just spaces or just tabs, but
8 spaces seems weird to me.

As we all agree with this, we should start publishing the codestyle guides into our wiki, for us
and the outside contributors know.

Cheers,
Luis