Re: [translations] Current translation environment

Le 01/05/2021 à 09:50, Walter Garcia-Fontes a écrit :
* Federico Bruni, fede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [30/04/21 23:48]:
On Fri, Apr 30 2021 at 23:25:24 +0200, Jonas Hahnfeld
<hahnjo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No, merge requests to the 'translation' branch won't work
because no CI
jobs are configured. If you submit a MR, please directly target the
master branch - automatic testing will make sure that it doesn't break
the build before it can be merged. I encourage all translators to
switch to this workflow and effectively retire the translation branch.

I think it's a good idea. Let's see what other translators think of
it.

The patch generation was the workflow suggested in the Lilypond
documentation for translation contributions.

The main reason for this workflow was that translations didn't follow the usual review process (a Chinese programmer might not be fluent in Suomi…) and translators are more used to the peculiarities of documentation files.

So should I ask for push permission? Or should my contributions still
be reviewed?

IIRC anyone can submit a MR. It then has to be approved.

For the last update I did, I just named my branch "Docs-fr".

Cheers,
--
Jean-Charles