Re: [translations] Uh, are we done yet for 2.20 ?

Federico Bruni <fede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Il giorno mar 25 feb 2020 alle 16:19, Jean-Charles Malahieude
> <lilyfan@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>> Le 25/02/2020 à 15:46, David Kastrup a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>> I have seen a few commits on the translations branch (which I can
>>> merge
>>> to stable).  But I haven't seen anything akin to an explicit
>>> go-ahead.
>>> What's the situation on the translations front?  Anything you'd
>>> rather
>>> want to see added/changed before we release 2.20?
>>> All the best
>>>
>> Everything is fine on the French part. I don't know for Federico and
>> Francisco.
>>

> Not ready yet.
> I can work on it only a couple of hours at night. It's really a lot of
> boring changes and eventually I fall asleep quickly :-)
> I'll see what I can do tonight.

Ok.  My personal stance is that doing translations proper is such a
large job that those translators that do the kind of really heavy
lifting required for a full translation deserve a few days to have their
completed work reflected in a release compounding something gross like
7 years (it was December 2013 when 2.18.0 got released).

Just say when you are good.

All the best

--
David Kastrup