Re: [translations] New set of Catalan translations

* Federico Bruni, fede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [17/05/17 13:38]:
> > But I see this in line 1479 of the English file fundamental.itely in
> > the learning directory:
> >
> > Notation Reference: @ruser{Contexts explained}.
> >
> > And it is true that there is no node with this name in the notation
> > directory in English. So isn't this an error also in the English
> > documentation?
> >

> Why do you think so? What did you search?
> @ruser{SOMETHING} is called @ref{SOMETHING} within the notation manual.
>
> And the node exists:
>
> $ git grep "Contexts explained" Documentation/notation
> Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely:* Contexts explained::
> Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely:@node Contexts explained
> Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely:@subsection Contexts
> explained
> Documentation/notation/changing-defaults.itely:@ref{Contexts explained},
> Documentation/notation/vocal.itely:@code{Lyrics} context, see @ref{Contexts
> explained}.
> Documentation/notation/vocal.itely:@ref{Contexts explained},

Yes, sorry, I did exactly that, I search for the string but thought it
could not be found in the English notation directory.

> > The second one, "The tweak command", is in line 2257 in the file
> > changing-defaults.itely of the notation directory of the English
> > documents, so I don't understand the warning for this case.
> >
> > >  Same for the second:
> > >  [lilypond-git (translation)]$ git grep -n "L'ordre tweak"
> > > Documentation/ca/
> > >  Documentation/ca/learning/tweaks.itely:217:* L'ordre tweak::
> > >  Documentation/ca/learning/tweaks.itely:401:@node L'ordre tweak
> > >  Documentation/ca/learning/tweaks.itely:574:@rusernamed{The tweak
> > >  command,L'ordre tweak}.
> > >  Documentation/ca/learning/tweaks.itely:601:@ref{L'ordre
> > > tweak,,L'ordre
> > >  @code{@bs{}tweak}}.  Però
> > >  Documentation/ca/learning/tweaks.itely:631:@ref{L'ordre
> > > tweak,,L'ordre
> > >  @code{@bs{}tweak}},
> > >  Documentation/ca/notation/rhythms.itely:331:@rusernamed{The tweak
> > >  command,L'ordre tweak},
> > >
> > >  The last @rusernamed link sounds wrong to me.
> > >

> @rusernamed within the notation manual is not possible. It's either a @ref
> or @rlearning.

I have $rusernamed in the learning manual, not in the notation, that
one is generating the warning.

> In this case it's @ref
>
> You can see the error in action here:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/tweaking-methods.ca.html#the-single-prefix
>
> scroll up a bit and you'll see a link:
>
> Referència de la notació: L’ordre tweak.
>
> which brings to a wrong URL:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/l_0027ordre-tweak
>
> It's probably a bug with the translation infrastructure, already reported
> and discussed some time ago. But do not expect any fix :-)
>
> BTW, I would avoid the use of the named macro. Why do you use it so much?

I thought this was the recommended way of doing the cross-citations
for nodes which were not yet translated.

I also find it convenient once I translated them to find them and
substitute it for the appropriate "@ref" or "ruser" or whatever
appropriate.

I understand I could also use just "@ref" (or "ruser",...)  and point
to the English node, but I find it harder to find these nodes later
when I translate the corresponding node, searching for the named macro
seems easier.

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat