Re: [translations] undefined cross reference if @ref{} is translated

Federico Bruni <fede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi translators,
>
> I'm trying to debug an error (find attached the log).
> I usually do not translate the @ref{} but the italian learning manuals
> had a mix of translated and not translated @ref. Anyway, it compiled
> fine so far, so it must be something else, but I have the bad feeling
> that the log is not pointing to the right direction.
>
> What can I use to check the syntax of texinfo and spot errors?

Texinfo syntax errors are usually already spotted by the normal "make"
(except where tiny and mostly unwanted differences between the makeinfo
program and the hard-core TeX programming of texinfo.tex play a role).

This error is
\entry{Top}{19}{\code {Top}}
\entry{Consigli su come scrivere i file}{19}{\code {Consigli su come scrivere i
 file}}
]
(/home/fede/src/lilypond-git/Documentation/./out-www/29/lily-1154e7df-systems.t
exi
/home/fede/src/lilypond-git/Documentation/./out-www/29/lily-1154e7df-systems.te
xi:1: Could not find image file ./29/lily-1154e7df-1 for pdf.
@dopdfimage ...uld not find image file #1 for pdf}
                                                  @else @gdef @pdfimgext {JP...

@imagexxx ...t @fi @ifpdf @dopdfimage {#1}{#2}{#3}
                                                  @else @setbox 0 = @hbox {@...

@image ...true @fi @else @imagexxx #1,,,,,@finish
                                                  @fi
l.1 @image{./29/lily-1154e7df-1}

?
/home/fede/src/lilypond-git/Documentation/./out-www/29/lily-1154e7df-systems.te
xi:1: Emergency stop.
@dopdfimage ...uld not find image file #1 for pdf}
                                                  @else @gdef @pdfimgext {JP...

@imagexxx ...t @fi @ifpdf @dopdfimage {#1}{#2}{#3}
                                                  @else @setbox 0 = @hbox {@...

@image ...true @fi @else @imagexxx #1,,,,,@finish
                                                  @fi
l.1 @image{./29/lily-1154e7df-1}

/home/fede/src/lilypond-git/Documentation/./out-www/29/lily-1154e7df-systems.te
xi:1:  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on learning.log.
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdfetex exited with bad status, quitting.

Namely images that are not found.  I think we recently had some issue
with image inclusion paths.

I don't remember the details.  Someone who can remember what it was and
whether we tried fixing it and whether it would be relevant here?

Also LilyPond 2.19.29 is prone to crashes.  Maybe the image generation
did not finish?  Try updating to 2.19.30 perhaps.

--
David Kastrup