Re: [translations] More questions from translation newbee

Il 20/ago/2015 13:49, "Michael Gerdau" <mgd@xxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> Dear translators,
>
> meanwhile I have finished translating the whole changes of web/de.
>
> I have prepared 2 patchfiles one of which I had sent to this list
> 2 days ago.
>
> However I now have collected some questions
> 1 ) While translating I read in the manual that I should not send patches
>  to this list. Does this refer to program patches only or does it include
>  patches to the documentation ?
>  And if so, where do I send translation patches ?

Translation patches should be sent to this list.
But I'm in vacation and maybe also Jean-Charles. In 10 days I'll be back and I'll have access to a debian PC where I can build the doc and test your patches.

> 2) The short guide to lilypond translation that Federico Bruni kindly
>  mailed to me includes instructions on building lilypond and the
>  documentation. The documentation on the website does suggest to
>  create a directory ~/lilypond-git/build and do all compiling in there,
>  while the short document suggests doing that directly inside
>  ~/lilypond-git. Which one is the outdated information ?

Use ~/lilypond-git. I think I explained why not using build/ for translation in my guide.

> 3) While translating I detected minor inconsistencies in the english
>  original, namely:
>  in Documentation/web/download.texi, line 486 it reads LilyPond will
>  be installed under "C:\Program Files" on Windows. Since most current
>  Windows Versions are 64bit this probably should read
>  "C:\Program Files (x86)".
>  Is this list the right place to report such things ?

No, bugs for the english manuals should be reported to the bugs mailing list.

Cheers
Federico