Re: [translations] Re: Catalan translation priority 1 (issue 102170048)

Walter Garcia-Fontes <walter.garcia@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks again Federico, it seems that now I'm on track. After
> correcting the langdef.py file, I was able to start bulding the new ca
> documentation and correct the bracesd problem, but some more errors
> popped up after successive "make doc". So hold on, I will try to
> correct those and see if I can have a clean "make doc" before
> proceeding.
>
> I will post again my patches after that.

Starting a new language is a large undertaking, and maintaining it is as
well.  Currently the translations which are maintained timely and
extensively are Italian and Spanish.  It would be great to add Catalan
to that mixture even though it might make people ask "what's up with
LilyPond and Romance languages"?

If somebody adds an Occitan translation now, maybe some non-Romance
language families can be challenged into taking up the pen either again
or for the first time...

--
David Kastrup