Re: [translations] recommendations for spell checking

2013/12/12 Francisco Vila <paconet.org@xxxxxxxxx>
2013/12/12 David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxx>
Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Il 10/dic/2013 16:56 "Francisco Vila" <paconet.org@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>>
>> Do you think it would be possible to ignore English at all?
>
> Thinking twice, I think it's not possible. By default aspell parses any
> word of two characters at least. I think that's the only limit we can
> set.

aspell has the --extradicts parameter.  "ignoring" English is the same
as accepting English.

And what about ignoring lilypond code? It is also very cumbersome.

We may add the lilypond syntax to the personal dictionary? Not tested...

--extra-dicts doesn't seem to work as supposed by David.
I'm afraid that you can't check two different languages at the same time and extra-dicts refer to different dictionaries _within the same language_ (e.g.: en_GB, en_CA, en_US):
http://aspell.net/man-html/Using-Multi-Dictionaries.html

I tried this command:

$ aspell --mode=texinfo --master=it --extra-dicts=en check common-notation.itely
Errore: Expected language "it" but got "en".