Re: [translations] State of German translation [was: Re: How to extract PDF of translated documentation?]

Hi David, hi translators!

I'll take this chance to react at last to this discussion dating from January. You all probably have noticed that I have been quite silent for the last couple of month. My spare time has become really rare after the birth of my first son four years ago, certainly there are also other hobbies that keep my busy especially in the summer time.

I did quite a hard work updating the translation for the last stable version, but I feel definitely that I am not able to maintain the unstable German translation on a regular base. I considered I would only start updating the German translation actively when another stable release will approach. I don't know how you think about this but I thought I should let you know. Still I think it is better to do at least something than nothing at all.

The best solution would be that there would be a couple of people interested in translating German translation so the burden could be shared. I would likely find the time to introduce new translators to the working flow but maybe Francisco could explain it in a much more elaborate way.