Re: [translations] Re: How to extract PDF of translated documentation?

2013/1/14 David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxx>
The only translations that appear to be thoroughly maintained are the
Spanish and French translation, with the German translation following
close behind.

Well, the italian translation is far to be completed but it _is_ maintained.

It would a lamentable state of affairs if we had translations that are
not maintained because of a lack of translators and manpower.  But this
and some other mailings on the translator list rather suggest to me that
we _might_ have manpower and persons feeling responsible, but that the
information what they could be doing for the project does not even
arrive at their doorstep.

And that would not be lamentable, but stupid.  If we have people
enlisted and willing to do a job, we should not let their availability
go to waste.

Are there people willing to do translations, particularly those who
actually _are_ already subscribed to the translator list, that are
waiting for instructions or whatever else before they know how to get to
work on making their language better supported with LilyPond?  If so, we
need to organize this effort better and more transparently.

Probably the CG should be updated, improved and simplified.
I think that at the moment it would be a bit hard for a new translator to get in.