Re: [translations] troubles with Git: pull and push

Il 13/12/2012 21:34, David Kastrup ha scritto:
IIRC, rebasing is not recommended for translators.
Rebasing your local work on top of the remote translation is fine and
actually correct.  You just should not rebase master on translation or
vice versa.

git pull -r
worked fine

I read in the manual that git-rebase, if nothing is specified, will rebase the current branch on top of the upstream configured in the remote and merge options for that branch, that is:

[branch "translation"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/translation

From now on I'll use 'git pull -r' before pushing.

I'm not sure why rebasing is not recommended for translators:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/pulling-and-rebasing

Maybe it's about using new committishes not yet pushed to the repository (as explained in the note -- see above link). This is never the case for me.