Re: [translations] Git translation branch policy change: merge with and from stable/2.16

2012/10/1 David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxx>:
> Most of the already released material (in 2.17) flagged "Backport" is
> pretty obvious.  But if you take a look at
>
> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=1&q=Fixed_2_17_0+OR+Fixed_2_17_1+OR+fixed_2_17_2+OR+Fixed_2_17_3+OR+Fixed_2_17_4>
>
> you'll see that there are a lot more one can feel rather ambiguous
> about: often they fix long-standing bugs, or make crucial performance or
> usability improvements.  In the interest of a _stable_ release series,
> one should better leave them out.  But that's a judgment call, and there
> is no really "correct" choice.  So the "energy" that is needed for it is
> to muddle through with creating a release with known problems, creating
> something that is least likely to cause new regressions.

but code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=1&q=label%3Dbackport+type%3Ddocumentation
is empty, so we translators should be able to go on working on 2.17.
We currently can't.

> I hope this gives you a better feeling for the path that seems sensible
> for the translation and documentation work to take.

We are stalled because there is no translation branch for 2.17 and all
released 2.17 versions include outdated translations which we can't
update. And pendant translation work for 2.17 is not going to stop
growing. Sorry, that can sound like selfish, I could be wrong, but
backport issues and blocking of 2.16 are irrelevant from the
translation point of view.