Re: [translations] Git translation branch policy change: merge with and from stable/2.16

Il giorno lun, 01/10/2012 alle 10.01 +0200, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> John, David: do you agree or disagree on anything of the above?
>
> Specifically, do you agree in that translations for 2.17 are stalled
> and can not progress because we are stuck in 2.16, and in that all
> translations in stable can be ported directly to 2.17?

The problem is, what holds next 2.16 release, which energies are needed
for it?  The policy of syncing translation and stable/2.16 works as long
as there are relatively frequent stable releases, in particular I
thought by this time 2.16.1 would already be out.  If 2.16.1 can't be
out very soon, it's probably best to merge stable/2.16 and translation a
last time, then merge stable/2.16 into staging, then sync translation
with staging/master again as usual.

Best,
John