Re: [translations] Re: community.it.html is empty

2012/7/23 Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Please check the logfile web.bigtexi.log for errors
>> Do it.
> I did it but it's basically empty:
> Processing web site: []

I applied your patch and run make doc. It stops with

  Please check the logfile web.splittexi.log for errors

and Documentation/it/web.splittexi.log contains

  Processing web site: [it]
  *** Undefined node `GSoC' in @ref (in ./web/community.itexi l. 31)
  Max error number exceeded

>>> There's a texinfo parser?
>> Yes, both the 'texinfo' program itself and texi2html can parse texinfo.
> How can you do it exactly?
> The problem is that I don't know Texinfo and I may overlook some error.
> I don't think that make doc will issue warnings if there's something wrong
> in the texinfo file.

The build process runs it for you and logs errors in readable files,
so maybe we don't really need to run it by ourselves.

We just need to find the proper generated log file.

> Don't know if it's really a remote problem or something connected to my
> current connection (I'm in a pub using a public wifi):
>
> $ git pull
> ssh: connect to host git.sv.gnu.org port 22: Connection refused

Yes, it is probably because your connection has web ports enabled and
all other ports closed.

> I suspect that the patch is ok and something on my system doesn't work
> properly. If you can compile the doc please push it.
>
> Thanks
> PS Why I got all these patches? Really weird...
>
> $ git format-patch origin
> 0001-Doc-es-update-usage-External-web-Download-notation-V.patch
> 0002-Doc-es-update-CHANGES.patch
> 0003-Doc-es-update-Scheme-tutorial.patch
> 0004-Doc-es-fix-menu.patch
> 0005-Doc-fr-updates-notation-appendices.patch
> 0006-Doc-es-structure.patch
> 0007-Doc-es-update-included-Helpus-Ancient-Changing-Input.patch
> 0008-Doc-es-update-Spacing-full-update-of-Spanish-manuals.patch
> 0009-Web-es-update-NEWS.patch
> 0010-Doc-es-update-a-marker-for-NEWS.patch
> 0011-Web-it-update-replace-open-source-with-software-libe.patch

Perform a 'git fetch' ant try again, then tell me.

To generate a patch for the last commit only, I usually do

  git format-patch HEAD^

Which means a patch from my last-but-one commit to my last commit.
Note the 'my' and 'my'