[translations] Re: [Translation] Czech xrefs towards Notation Reference

Le 20/11/2011 21:44, Pavel Fric disait :
Hi,

I can look at it, but at first I have to mention history of Czech
translation of documentation.

I made it in the beginning of this year, and the work was interrupted
sometimes at the end of February. It appeared that due to more than 5
errors during the building Czech translation never appears publicly. :)

Nevertheless it is online!

Now we should proceed with the "bad" references - mostly pointing to
Notation manual.

Those references are not "bad"; they just point to a file that does not exist. This is the reason why, in such a case, you should use
@rMANUALnamed{English_node_name, Czech_wording}
in order to reach an existing page (in English by default).

My original plan was to make the translation for references for Notation
manual, for me to walk around this problem.
I was/am using German translation to see, what is translated and what's
not - also I see the difference between English and German, because of
very poor knowledge of texinfo (and now I didn't see it for about 9
months :)

You just have to respect the syntax as it appears in the files.

Also in February I started the work on those references - I worked
systematically on creation of tables with translation of referenced
items of individual notation files (in spreadsheet .ods file:
LibreOffice Calc) with English German and Czech translations in three
columns to be able to trace every item when appearing during the
translation.

The goal with those references was/is after the finish of such a work to
replace corresponding texts in appropriate files of Notation manual. But
that work wasn't finished in February by me, and I would like rather
positively replace German (English) texts in the files of Notation
manual than add English to existing files. :)

This is not a bad idea. You also ca do (everything on one line)

grep -B1 @translationof Documentation/cs/*.* Documentation/cs/*/*.* > ../cs-nodes

in order to get a full list of translated node names.

Keep also in mind that Till's translation is not up to date...

My current situation is for some weeks as described with following words
- the partition, where I had Linux on my home Desktop simply one day in
October vanished and because of my brother has on the same computer some
files in Windows, he would like to examine (he visits us at home only
from time to time - and says he could manage it before Christmas), I
can't afford simply format whole disk and install any Linux distribution
with Git to make patches for sending the changes (I didn't see the
manual for patches creation/didn't created any patch from February up to
now too. :)

Why don't you install on another disk and connect the one with Windows just when your brother gets home?

Also I hope that the situation isn't so critical, that there is some
(longer) time to work on this task.

If you allow me or Francisco to apply those corrections, we'll commit it for you. It will eliminate a number of warnings and errors. There are some corrections to apply to your web/introduction.itely as well (@node Snadnější úpravy) where you missed a @divend.

Now I am working on Qt Creator translation and it has almost 6000
strings (more than 160 000 characters of translation in one file, and
there were some other before...), (so I am now little tired doing this
job). :)

What do you think about it?

Do your best to, at least, try to keep the po file up to date.
I'm just waiting for a "release candidate" before updating the Free Translation Project.

Viele Grüße,
Jean-Charles