Re: [translations] comparing multiple files

2011/7/18 Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> I've received the revision of the texidoc/ files from the italian
> proofreader and I'd like to automatically generate the .diff file for
> each file (in order to see his changes).
>
> IIUC, diff can only compare two files or the list of files in two
> directories.
> Should I use some bash script?

If you prefer a bash script, try this command line. Say you are in
Documentation/it/notation and newly corrected files are
Documentation/it/notation/new/file1.itexi, file2.itexi and so on.

  rm alldiffs # remove it first if it exists

  for f in file1 file2 file3 ; do diff -u $f.itexi new/$f.itexi >>
alldiffs ; done

then

  less alldiffs