Re: [translations] updating an up-to-date file?!?

Il giorno mer, 24/11/2010 alle 22.47 +0100, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
> Il giorno mer, 24/11/2010 alle 00.47 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
> > Yes, just rewrite the committish in your file with the first one in
> > the output from
> >
> >   git log Documentation/learning/preface.itely
> >

> I thaught I should always use the committish provided by this command:
>
> git rev-list HEAD |head -1
>

> Why should I use the last committish of the original in this case?

Both committishes are equivalent when you do a diff to original file; a
crucial point is that you should preserve the commit you take the
committish from, i.e. you shouldn't change it by rebasing, otherwise it
will no longer possible to make a diff against it.

Best,
John