Re: [translations] Common-notation.itely

Le jeudi 23 septembre 2010 à 11:55 +0200, Pavel Fric a écrit :
> Speking about "notation" I meant this file called common-notation.itely - step 2.

Ok, all right.

> To my knowledge of English - it´s all about having very good
> electronical wordbook. Here you can see my projects dedicated to
> translation:
>
> http://fripohled.blogspot.com/

I've given a glance at it, but I understand almost no Czech, but the
software list is quite long! :-)

> But when I have opportunity, I like to use german translation and
> compare it with English original - in this case it should be second
> phase (and in some cases already during translation). Then all work is
> even faster then a speed of light. :-)

I see, so by translating the docs in Czech you proofread German docs,
and you might even want to contribute to them, might not you? :-)

> As you see I plan detailed reading of documentation for texinfo
> sometimes and somewhere in the future.

It's not strictly necessary, as we can answer your problems on this
list, but it is a good idea; I recommend gradually reading only what you
need or think you may need, as it is quite long.  Please see also
instructions in te Contributors' Guide about documentation editing,
which mostly valid not only for English docs but for translations too,
and which give some hints about Texinfo editing.

> So seeing @notation - I can translate text in braces using proper case
> without worries?

Yes, just like other formatting commands @b, @i, @emph...

Best,