[translations] Re: Documentation/po files

2010/3/11 John Mandereau <john.mandereau@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Il giorno gio, 11/03/2010 alle 11.49 +0100, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
>> Hello. Are Documentatation/po/*.po files used at all?
>> I think yes, at least for comments into verbatim part of doc snippets.
>> What else?
>
> Autogenerated bits of text, which come from some Python scripts.  The
> language menu is one example.
>

>> I can not currently run make po-update.
>
> What does this mean?  I'm not always clueful without an error report,
> but in these days in which I have too little time to build LilyPond, I'm
> completely clueless.

Sorry. Output of
  $ make po-update
from Documentation/ ends with:

cp: cannot stat
`/home/fravd/source/lilypond/scripts/build/texi-gettext.py': No such
file or directory
make[1]: *** [po-update] Error 1

complete output is here:  http://paconet.org/lilypond/err  [193 lines]

My lack of cluefulness comes from the idea that you could maybe
reproduce it easily on your system. Sorry again