[translations] Re: One another bug: quick links panel

2010/1/4 Francisco Vila <paconet.org@xxxxxxxxx>:
> What I post here, it doesn't mean I am not trying to debug it, I only
> want you to be aware just in case somebody finds any trivial solution.
>
> Right-hand quick-links panel in Main web page is erratic:
>
> -  English does not have one.
> -  French has one, with partly working links.
> -  Spanish used to have one with partly working links, but currently
> it doesn't have one at all.
> -  Dutch has one with no working links.
> -  Magyar has one and all links work. Congratulations!

It is supposed that is stepmake/stepmake/texinfo-rules.make who is in
charge of setting web_version for the @ifset web_version block. These
lines could be relevant:

stepmake/stepmake/texinfo-rules.make:   $(MAKEINFO) -I$(src-dir)
-I$(outdir) -D web_version --output=$@ $<
stepmake/stepmake/texinfo-rules.make:   $(TEXI2HTML)
$(TEXI2HTML_FLAGS) -D bigpage -D web_version --output=$@ $<
stepmake/stepmake/texinfo-rules.make:   $(TEXI2HTML)
$(TEXI2HTML_SPLIT) $(TEXI2HTML_FLAGS) -D web_version --output=$(dir
$@) $<
stepmake/stepmake/texinfo-rules.make:   cd $(outdir); texi2pdf
$(TEXI2PDF_FLAGS) -D web_version -I $(abs-src-dir) --batch
$(TEXINFO_PAPERSIZE_OPTION) $(<F)

and

$(TEXI2HTML) ...  -D web_version

at the website-texinfo target in website.make.  From my lightweight
knowledge, it appears that web_version is given as an argument to a -D
option to makeinfo, texi2html and texi2pdf. But only makeinfo accepts
-D as placeholder to a variable value; texi2pdf interprets it as
Debug. As for texi2html, I'm not sure: there is an abbreviateable
--debug=i option.