Re: [translations] Continuation of translations

Hi Till,
Le dimanche 13 décembre 2009 à 20:12 +0200, Till Paala a écrit :
> how have you handled the situation until now?

Badly, because I've been too busy to follow all things Graham launched
last summer.

> I somehow felt so far
> reluctant to do much about corrections on the translation because it
> seemed it changed so far and my time is quite limited so I would like to
> use it well.

The tutorial has been recently splitted in chapters, but the structure
of the LM is quite stable now AFAICT, you may want to update it.

> On the other hand hardly anybody
> except the translators themselves are able to retrieve the translated
> docs at the moment, because there are no links on the 2.13 pages. I
> guess, you know, John, how to fix this but just don't have enough time
> to do this.

The docs are reached from the new website, the old documentation index
has been abandoned.

> Another point is the website: Did I understand correctly that there are
> some trials to translate the website (and thus the documentation
> interface) into french and dutch? Are there still too much flaws so this
> cannot yet be extended to the other languages?

You can already start translating the files, but the build of translated
website in HTML is broken, as it doesn't produce the right HTML
filenames.  I expect to fix this within ten days.

> So where should I invest the litte time I have to spend at the moment
> for lilypond? How do you answer this question to yourself?

2.14 is planned roughly in a month, so I might advise you to translate
or update files according to current order in the CG, so 2.14 comes out
with up-to-date German translation.

Best,
John