[translations] Re: Translation updates screwing up the linkage system

Hi Till,
Le mercredi 12 août 2009 à 22:14 +0300, Till Paala a écrit :
> I started updating the docs. I will see if I can do some movage in all
> languages when it is needed. I stumbled upon e.g. a link to the
> literature list that is now in a different document. As I understand
> this essay.tely document is not yet existent in the translations. Still
> I updated the link knowing that it will throw mistakes until the thing
> is solved. But that way I can mark the file as updated and it doesn't
> appear in my long list of files.

You could throw essay.tely stubs with the bare minimum.  I'm willing to
take over this particular task if you wish.

> I don't know, of what parts of what files this new essay consists, so it
> is quite difficult to update and create this new document. Also I didn't
> yet understand how learning.tely is organized, there are some things
> moved around from tutorial and working if I understand, but I don't know
> where do I get reliable information what to put where. Is there a list
> with the moves done so far?

No, Graham is reorganizing the LM and I don't know if he's done with
moving files.

> But to my original issue: is it ok to push to translation if it brakes
> the ref linkage?

Braucht die Referenzen Bremsen? :-)
If I understand correctly, essay.tely stubs and macro definitions are
the two items required to make it work.  Please push to
lilypond/translation (not master) anyway, and I'll continue your work
then.  It's better if you can preserve a succesful docs build and source
tarball generation.

Thanks,
John