[tablatures] Re: Violin Tablature idea

Sure. Instead of the fret positions
0 1 2 3 4 5 6  I might have
0 0# 1 1# 2 3 3# 4 - these would be based upon positions rather than frets.  It might also be listed like this
0 .5 1 1.5 2 3 3.5 4

Position 1 matches with fret 2.  Position 2 matches fret 4. Position 3 matches fret 5. Position 4 matches fret 7.  It could also be repeated up the neck for 2nd and 3rd positions, but I'm mostly concerned with the lower position for beginners.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Marc Hohl [via LilyPond's support for tablatures] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am <a href="" value="+12506201207" target="_blank">25.06.2012 07:26, schrieb djbrock:
> I have an idea to rewrite the Tab fingerings for the violin to indicate
> positions from the standard as opposed to frets (the mandolin is the closest
> thing I've found to the violin in Lilypond). I have no idea if this can be
> done. Can anyone tell me what I would have to do to or what file I would
> edit to make this happen?  How do I get started?
Do you have examples of how this should look like?
Otherwise, it is hard to answer your questions.

Regards,

Marc

> --

http://lilypond-s-support-for-tablatures.3383434.n2.nabble.com/Violin-Tablature-idea-tp7572532p7572533.html
To unsubscribe from Violin Tablature idea, click here.
NAML

--
Grace & Peace,
Darris.