Re: [tablatures] Re: [Patch] NR: Documentation of harmonics and slides

Am 11.12.2010 um 01:50 schrieb Carl Sorensen:

On 12/10/10 1:23 PM, "Patrick Schmidt" <p.l.schmidt@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Carl,

here is a patch covering the new functions for harmonics and a new
snippet for slides.

I'll try to get this reviewed and posted in the next day or so.

I did not manage to upload it to Rietveld as I
obviously didn't understand the meaning of the following sentence in
the CR:

It's "CG" not "CR" :)

"Add the Ogit-cl/¹ directory to your PATH, or create a symbolic link
to the git-cl and upload.py scripts in one of your PATH directories
(such as O$HOME/bin¹). "

If you look in the README in your git-cl directory, it recommends a symlink.

I did it with

cd ~/bin

ln -s ~/git-cl/git-cl/

But I don't know that this is the source of your problem.

I created two files (one for git-cl and one for upload.py) in /Users/
PLS/bin, e.g.:

#!/bin/bash

exec /Users/PLS/git-cl/git-cl "$@"

and made it (them) executable with chmod +x git-cl. Then I cded to
lilypond-git and entered:

git cl config

This is the error I got:

pls:~/git-cl PLS$ git cl config
   File "/Users/PLS/git-cl/git-cl", line 95
     self.cc = ','.join(x for x in (self.cc, more_cc) if x)
                            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I suspect that this is a problem with the version of python you have
installed.  I'd do

python --version

and then check the version that your git-cl requires.
I got it. I added "env" to the first line in git-cl:
#!/usr/bin/env python
# git-cl -- a git-command for integrating reviews on Rietveld
# Copyright (C) 2008 Evan Martin <martine@xxxxxxxxx>

That did the trick. So I'll try to upload the patch to Rietveld, now.

This is probably a silly mistake. Any pointer is very much
appreciated (Mac OS 10.4.11).

My patch does neither contain the open-string harmonics reference nor
the fretted-string harmonics snippet I sent you in another email.
IINM these snippets should be added to LSR first and then you could
still decide whether they should become part of the docs and -- if
yes -- where to place them. Unfortunately the LSR seems to be down at
the moment.

Unfortunately, we can't add snippets to the LSR unless they compile on the stable version. So we should probably go ahead and add them to the docs. All we need to do is add them to Documentation/snippets/new and then put a
reference to them in the Selected Snippets of the NR for tablature.
I'll do that.

Marc Hohl sent me a link to another nice feature you wrote:
\chordGlissando. Is there any reason not to include this function in
2.13.42/43. Is there anything I can do to make it happen. At least I
can offer to do the documentation.

I'm not sure that \chordGlissando is up to LilyPond coding standards for inclusion in the distribution. It may be too much of a hack. I'll post it
for review on Rietveld and see what the developers think.
IMHO it's very useful for electric guitar scores and it is user- friendly.

Thanks,
patrick

Thanks,

Carl