Re: [tablatures] Bends: tests for appearance of pointed slurs

David Stocker schrieb:
These are excellent results! Great work.

I think the third configuration yields the best appearance.

I only have a few comments:

  1. In a bend and release combination, it would be nice if the
     right-most edge of the "bend-up" line and the left-most edge of
     the "release-down" line were separated by about 0.25 staff spaces.
Oh, and I tried hard to make these lines connect - but this can be changed easily.
  2. In Measure 13, the bend line that corresponds to the tie in the
     note-staff (during the \holdBend) should be a dashed line.
Yes, I know; there's is a comment in bend.ly pointing this out. The main purpose for this test was the pointed slur in the normal staves - the tablature stuff is a separate issue.

These results are already as good as or better than the defaults in Sibelius and Finale.

Wow - thanks!

I have collected some ideas and informations for the final conception, so I plan to start soon
with a proper implementation; this means new engravers and stuff.
Before starting to code, I think I will release a feature list and hope to get a lot of response from
you tablature guys.

One question especially to David due to his engraving knowledge:

assume the following situation: I play an a on the tenth fret on the b string and do a three semitone bend to the c. Then I release partly to the b and afterwards
fully down to the a again. How do I indicate this? The first part is easy: a
bendUp arrow with "1 1/2" over the arrow with a bigger amount in y direction
to gain enough space in vertical direction for two adjacent release arrows.
Should the "1" for the bent b be placed somewhere? If yes,where?

Greetings and best wishes for 2010,

Marc