Re: [tablatures] Re: ukulele fretboards

On 11/23/09 9:23 PM, "Carl Sorensen" <c_sorensen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/23/09 2:08 PM, "Matt Corks" <mvcorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Greetings.  As a followup to my earlier post, I've made some progress,
>> and now have different questions!
>>
>> I've successfully defined fretboard diagrams for some ukulele chords,
>> as seen here: http://theorem.ca/~mvcorks/lilypond/
>>
>> To do this, I've added this command to output-lib.scm:
>>
>>   (define-public ukulele-tuning '(9 4 0 8))
>
> An easier way to do this is to just add it to the top of
> predefined-ukelele-fretboards.ly, in this fashion:
>
>  #(define-public ukulele-tuning '(9 4 0 8))
>>
>> The output looks good to me, but I keep getting this error message
>> at runtime (with version 2.12.2):
>>
>>   warning: No string for pitch #<Pitch c' > (given frets ())
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Yes and no.  If you look at the chord notes that show up on your music,
> you'll see that the c chords are an octave lower than the a and b chords
> (because octaves are defined to *start* with c).  This means that the notes
> of those chords are too low for the ukulele to play; hence the warning
> message.
>
> However, there appears to be a bug; the chords are getting properly looked
> up so the message shouldn't be printed.  I'll try to resolve that.

This bug has been fixed in git.

You can download a new copy of scm/translation-functions.scm right now an
use it with 2.12, I believe.

You can also get 2.13.8, and download the latest copy of
scm/translation-functions.scm.

Or you can just use the workaround I mentioned earlier to avoid the warning
messages.

Thanks,

Carl