Re: [tablatures] Baroque lute tablature

Trevor Daniels schrieb:

Marc Hohl wrote Sunday, November 15, 2009 7:11 PM

Trevor Daniels schrieb:

a) Most of the glyphs needed to output Baroque lute tablature
would need to be designed.  The glyphs used for the fret indications
and bass courses I 'borrowed' from the Fronimo site - these would need
to be redesigned for LilyPond as the Fronimmo licence does not permit
commercial use.  The glyphs used for the durations are taken from the
standard LilyPond font set, but are not so beautiful as the Fronimo
durations; they could with advantage be redesigned but are OK for a
starter.  There are also a few more glyphs like the section separator
and end-of-piece indicator that would need to be designed.

Some years ago, I worked with metafont, so implementing this font seems
to be doable, but a complete list of the signs needed in this font would be
crucial (I am not the fastest guy on earth with respect to metafont, but
I would like to give it a try).

OK, great!  I'd no idea how to do this, so that would
be very helpful.  We need to flesh out quite a bit more
of the design before we get to this stage though.
Ok, I wouldn't have started it today, either ;-)

Marc