Re: [tablatures] new attempt to hammer on/pull off

Carl Sorensen schrieb:

On 9/30/09 2:51 AM, "Marc Hohl" <marc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello tablature users,

I decided to rework the hammer on/pull off stuff almost from scratch.

After playing with some internal variables I found out how to make the stems
so short that they don't influence the slurs anymore (before making them
invisible,
as it is now for tablature).

Seems like a creative thing to do.  This code can (eventually) be made part
of tabNumbersOnly, right?
Yes, it is meant to, if nobody objects.
Attached is a file hp.ly which can be included in your own files for
testing purposes,
and a simple, quick hptest.ly as a starting point for your tests.

@Carl: I think the slur callback has to be reworked when the slur
#'details are (at least for me)
not a mysterious bunch of values that I don't understand, but this
depends on Patrick McCartys
efforts to make these more understandable.

The current challenge with draw-tab-slur is that it shifts the slur after
the control points are already determined, which means that it may introduce
collisions.  It would be better if the slur *calculation* code could be used
to fix this up, instead of the slur *printing* code.
You are right, this "solution" is somewhat practicaal, but not very elegant.
I don't this that collision problems may occur, though, because the slurs are
moved /towards/ the fret numbers, not further away.
Nevertheless, a genuine solution, i.e. a calculation routine for tablature would be really an improvement, but I fear that this could only be within the c++ part
of lilypond and not with scheme. But if I remember correctly, there are some
c++ guys amongst the tablature list, perhaps one of them could dive into the code and develop a function similar to ly:slur::calc-control-points which is better suited for
tablature?
In the meantime, a patch
including the code from
hp.ly into tablature.scm would improve the overall behavior of slurs
(which for now are simply transparent)
in tablature - when the testers do not complain about situations where
hp.ly does not work :-)
What do you think? Or is my approach way too crude?

I think working up a patch based on this is probably OK, but it should at
least have a TODO in it.
Yes, in a bigger font size and blinking red ;-)

Marc
Thanks,

Carl