[tablatures] Re: palm mute vs. pinched harmonics

Patrick Schmidt schrieb:
[...]
I did a quick (non-representative) empirical study ;-) and I must admit that actually only one guitar magazine (Total Guitar) uses a triangle note head for pinched harmonics but the majority of publishing companies seems to use P.M. for palm muting. Which magazine/edition uses the triangle note head for palm muted notes?
In the newer issues of Gitarre&Bass, they use often the triangle note head for palm mute, but if I recall it right, this depends on the author and the style of music - the jazz and traditional rock transcriptions use
the p.m., whereas actual stuff from the heavy fraction uses the triangle.

I have to admit that this is kind of a personal preference, but anyway .... if one doesn't want to use it,
he needn't to.
It's only a minor issue anyway. But maybe I should also create a snippet with P.M. and an extender line?!
For guitaristis it surely will be valuable to have such a snippet so it would be great if you can create one.

Thanks for your efforts!

Marc